Streitigkeiten

Willkommen auf Law-Now für Streitigkeiten.

Auf dieser Seite finden Sie Fachartikel und Publikationen unserer Experten für Streitigkeiten.

Bleiben Sie stets auf dem Laufenden, indem Sie das Bookmark zu dieser Seite auf Ihr mobiles Endgerät laden oder unsere eAlerts abonnieren.

Aktuelle eAlerts

  •  
    21/06/2024
    Europe

    EU to create new anti-money laundering authority

    On 19 June 2024, the Regulation (EU) 2024/1620 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 31 May2024 establishing the Authority for Anti-Money Laundering and Countering the Financing of Terrorism Authority (AMLA) was published in the Official Journal. AMLA will coordinate EU efforts to combat money laundering (ML) and terrorist financing (TF), and the threats these criminal activities pose to the integrity of the EU’s economy and security. The AMLA has been established under the new European anti-money laundering (AML) and counter-financing terrorism (CFT) legislative package, and regulations...
    Mehr
  •  
    20/06/2024
    United Kingdom

    SFO’s Strategy for 2024-2029 – New Emphasis for the SFO

    The UK’s Serious Fraud Office (SFO) has unveiled its strategy for 2024-2029.  The Strategy reads rather more clearly and concisely than many corporate vision-statements of this sort, perhaps reflecting the pragmatic approach of the new Director, Nick Ephgrave QPM. There is considerable , and laudable, emphasis on values, technology and attracting “the brightest and best”.   Here are some of the more interesting highlights:ECCTA and Increased Investigatory PowersPrevious SFO Directors have strongly advocated for law reform, in particular extending the ambit of corporate...
    Mehr
  •  
    05/06/2024
    United Kingdom

    Loss of Chance in broker’s negligence claim - Norman Hay PLC v Marsh Ltd

    In a judgment dated 8 May 2024 the Commercial Court has held that where a broker’s negligence has resulted in no insurance policy being available, a claimant is not required to prove on the balance of probabilities that a putative insurer would in fact have indemnified the claimant. Rather, the Court’s assessment of causation and loss needs to involve consideration of the ‘loss of chance’ aspect including whether the putative insurer would have engaged in dealing with the underlying claim against the claimant and whether it would have provided an indemnity of some sort.BackgroundNorman...
    Mehr
  •  
    05/06/2024
    England and Wales

    Court scales back HS2 protest injunction as project partially abandoned

    The High Court has recently extended, in time if not geographical spread, an injunction order to protect the HS2 project from unlawful interference by anti-HS2 activists and other trespassers.  The decision is significant in two respects: (i) it addresses the question of how claims of this type ought to address changing circumstances; and (ii) it considers the question of whether these kinds of proceedings ought to continue on an ‘interim’ basis, or ought to be brought to a final determination.The order, which covers all HS2 land for phase 1 of the project, was first granted in...
    Mehr
  •  
    29/05/2024
    International

    The SIAC Annual Report 2023 – key takeaways in year of growth and record caseload

    In April 2024, the Singapore International Arbitration Centre (“SIAC”) published its Annual Report 2023, recording another year of high caseload and usage of the institution’s services across a broad and diverse geography of jurisdictions.We summarise some of the important highlights from the Report and share our key takeaways.Increase in CaseloadSIAC recorded its second highest caseload since its inception with 663 new cases filed in 2023, comprising 640 (97%) SIAC-administered cases, with the remaining 23 cases (3%) being ad hoc appointments. This represented a significant increase...
    Mehr
  •  
    27/05/2024
    Europe

    Vital Signs Spring 2024

    As we push on into 2024 and towards summer, both the weather and some legal areas are hotting up. This edition of Vital Signs looks in detail at recent developments in four diverse legal areas. First, we review the current risks and trends in commercial contracts in the life science sector. Second, we consider how the law on supplementary protection certificates (SPCs) is developing, including the status of the EU pharma law package, CJEU referrals and national case law at the supreme court level. Third, brace yourself for an important decision in UK law on public procurement and the test for the...
    Mehr