An Olswang Guide to the new gambling licensing regime in Great Britain

United Kingdom

This article was produced by Olswang LLP, which joined with CMS on 1 May 2017.

When the Gambling (Licensing and Advertising) Act (the "GLA") comes into force, remote operators not previously required to hold a licence in Great Britain will need to apply to the Gambling Commission for licences in order to continue to offer their services to customers in Great Britain. This guide sets out the changes to UK gambling legislation as a result of the GLA and to the process for becoming a Gambling Commission licensed operator as known at 29 July 2014.

We will update this note as the implementation of the GLA progresses.