This article was produced by Nabarro LLP, which joined CMS on 1 May 2017.
By now, you have probably heard that Nabarro is merging with CMS and Olswang, to create a global powerhouse of over 4,500 lawyers across 39 countries.
Earlier in the year I explained why we think this is great news for FIRA and our fund manager and indirect investor clients (this link takes you to a reminder).
I would now like to introduce you to some of our new colleagues. As well as authorised, listed and Scottish funds specialists in the UK, you now have direct access to our pan-European network of 37-offices. Below is an introduction to some of our new funds and indirect investment colleagues, who are all specialists in some of the crucial funds jurisdictions.
But at the same time please remember that your core FIRA team will be made up of the same people, doing the same high quality work, with the same commitment to client service delivery. There will simply be more of us, in more jurisdictions, helping you do more things.
Please do pick up the phone if you would like to discuss how our expanded team can help your business.
Luxembourg – fund regulatory and tax structuring:
- Fund structuring, regulation and real estate investment for clients like Cromwell and Sirius Real Estate (Vivian Walry).
- Regulatory alignment and indirect investment vehicles, including the SICAR, the SIF, the RAIF and more (Cedrique Buisine).
- Tax issues for indirect real estate private equity fund structures (William Jean-Baptiste).
France – fund structuring and investor advice – lead by Damien Luqué:
- French regulatory aspects of managing and marketing real estate investment vehicles, acting for top fund managers and global institutions.
- Real estate industry focus, expert on the OPCI, and a member of the Real Estate Funds Group of l’Association Française de gestion.
- Practical, commercial, client-side approach developed at AXA REIM and Goldman Sachs, and via an MBA.
Germany – fund structuring and investor advice – a well-established funds team:
- Expert regulatory advice for real estate and other AIFMs, and for German regulated pension and insurance investors (Daniel Voigt).
- German tax issues for managers and investors around structuring and investing in cross border, open and closed ended funds (Tillman Kempf).
- Complex real estate fund issues for managers and German-regulated investors (Sebastian Schwack).